Saturday 16 April 2016

Child Abuse - Woman peppers maid's private part because she ate without permission


Police in Lagos have taken into custody a certain Mrs. Deborah Gabriel, a 40-year-old trader who repeatedly brutalised her eight-year-old maid, Glory Ugbon, and then put pepper in the girl's private parts when the girl decided to steal a plate of rice to satisfy her hunger.

The little who girl has been allegedly brutalised many times in the past 5 months she has been living with Mrs. Gloria and there are so many marks all over her body.


But on Sunday, April 10, neighbours alerted child rights activists, who in turn brought the matter to the attention of Police notified when the girl's would not stop shouting in pain.

Glory, brought to the Aguda Police Station alongside Mrs Deborah, said on the day in question, she had been simply eating at the backyard of their house, when her madam accused her of stealing food.

“When she was tired of beating me, she forced my legs apart and rubbed some pepper that she had just ground in my eyes and my bum bum (private part),” she said.

The girl was on Monday taken to Mirabel Sexual Assault Referral Centre, Ikeja, for treatment because she kept complaining about the pain from the pepper,some of which remained inside her.

When Newsmen spoke with Deborah, she explained that something inexplicable just came over her when she tortured the girl.

“Please, help me. I am so sorry for what I did. I know it is wrong but I just could not control my anger. I promise to take care of her and give her adequate treatment now. I am so sorry for what I did.”

According to Saturday Punch, she has been charged with child abuse and assault against a minor at the Surulere Magistrate’s Court, Lagos on Tuesday.

She is being held at the Kirikiri Prison, until the completion of her bail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

»»Please Drop Your Comment on this Post!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe to GistandJobs Updates

Best Blogger TipsGet Updates Via Email: Email rss Enter Your Email And Click Subscribe

Delivered by GistandJobs